發新話題
打印

Who Says I'm not Myself ( Comments on the MV' FADING INTO YOU')

Who Says I'm not Myself ( Comments on the MV' FADING INTO YOU')

On July 4th , ,after the former album “V.DUBB” was published about one year ago, Vanness Wu released his new album with choiceness and new songs in Taiwan as his promise. “The perspective of the truest of Vanness” and “Resolving the growth of Vanness’s music.” are the themes of its promotion. Vanness went on producing his own music himself while he was cooperating with Jimmy, his close friend and the director, to work hard out the MVs for two new songs. Especially, the MV for the leading song “Fading Into You” completely shows the unique music style of Vanness’s and their new ideas in various respects such as images, music, the design of dance and scenes, etc. The awesome piece of work with such a small budget, without luxurious or extra scenes, team members and stunts, proved that Vanness really had been achieving surprising power and progress through his insistent pursuing for his own art road.        
    The song is about the grief and indignation of a lovelorn man. Vanness has thrown away the “ Flowerlike Man” Model and got back the casual and individual image which he enjoys. With  the longer artistic hair and more mature goatee, Vanness still keeps the well-built ,energetic body shape with full rhyme and waves out the particular deeply sexy sense. And such image just matches the theme of the song so much.

The scenario of the MV is with clear arrangements and strong expressing. It is divided into two main parts---saying the hurts from the love and the desire of breaking away the chain of sorrow feeling. The MV makes good use of bass, rap, harmony and drumbeats to joint through all of it. Beginning with gray bass rhyme, it leads the audience into the scruffy storage on behalf of the emotion of the depression and darkness. Then after the details of lonely Vanness sitting on the top of the car and beating the earthbag hard in half naked body, it shows the picture of a bloodier and bloodier hand with white bandage, meanwhile, the strong rap breaks out, breaks out the eruption of love’s hurt. During the rest, the picture of the hand, the blood from it on the bandage gradually disappears, exists again and turns to the second part fluently—breaking away the lost love. Till the end of the MV, leaving away with broken heart declaims the terminal of the amour. The whole conception is artful and coincident enough.

Compared with the backbone, some details seem even more fabulous. Among all of those, the short period of “ Puppet Dance” is the most worthy of appreciating. Dancing is always Vanness’s strong suit, however, through this dance you can see more about his great accomplishments on choregraphy. The passage from the introduction of the album is quoted “ Vanness specially designed the “ Puppet Dance”, and invite another dancer in the same black vest as his, wearing the same respirator with cross, to perform the robotism action to express the one whose emotion is out of control is like the empty puppet operated by some uncertain power but not himself. The short dance manages to show the aritistic conception of the song accurately and the power , charming of Vanness’s Dancing.” Then it shows that Vanness has gone beyond the dancing level which only steps on the dancing skills. Instead, he has reached certain level which can show the soul through the dancing figures.

Of course, without good music and voice, even the more marvelous MV will be a failure on music its essence. Once I doubted whether the sexy soft voice of Vanness’s could express the Linkin Park style song of strong beats enough.But Vanness exerts his advantage again and cleared up such worries. The powerful English rap by him rocks the audiences’ ears immediately and attracts them to their hearts’ content at first. On the other hand, the right rate of the shifted pictures, the good utilize of musical instruments, electronic accompany singing, etc. enhance the effect and help Vanness’s voice efficiently. It really exerts the best collective use of voice, pictures, music and conception.
      Maybe enjoying the MV “ Fading into You” makes you feel the terrible hurt of a man who lost the love. Further more, if you tasting the MV with your heart, you can see a versatile, and powerful Vanness is proving himself by persisting in making his own music at pains.

[ 本帖最後由 1syun1 於 2008-7-13 20:06 編輯 ]

wow..great article...thanks for sharing

www.worldvision.com.my

Get yourself the Charitable CCM music feat VanN now. Don't Miss it...Msian may visit http://www.vannesswu.org/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=11748&extra=page%3D1
For more info, log on to www.3rdwavemusic.org
VISIT my blog at www.alivenotdead.com/?Jessica C
VIFC_M'sia blog : http://www.vifcmsia.blogspot.com/

發新話題