17 12
發新話題
打印

24/10/2010 The New Paper Interview with VanNess Wu

24/10/2010 The New Paper Interview with VanNess Wu

credits to: http://tnp.sg/show/story/0,4136,259334,00.html?

I didn't think it was going to be hard  
Taiwan heart-throb Van Ness Wu on his relationship and break-up with Singapore girl

By Charlene Chua
October 24, 2010

IF THINGS had gone well, Van Ness Wu could have become a Singaporean.

He would have frequented Little India often to eat his favourite curry - served on banana leaves no less - and hung out at Dempsey Hill.

It's just too bad that it's not going to happen now that he and his Singaporean girlfriend have broken up - again.Wu, 32, revealed to The New Paper: 'If I married a Singaporean girl, I would move here. It's so clean. 'And I really like the people here. Everyone's very friendly and nice. 'On the streets they are like 'hey!' and in stores whenever I ask for discounts, they'll go, 'For you, sure.'

The singer-actor had in previous interviews said that when he got back together with Ms Arissa Cheo in March, he had marriage in mind Ms Cheo is said to be a 27-year-old from a well-to-do family of Indonesian-Chinese descent. They reportedly met four years ago when she starred in his music video for his song, My Kingdom. According to the Taiwanese media, the couple dated in 2006 but broke up a year later due to 'wrong timing'.There was also talk that she had dumped her ex-boyfriend to date Wu.

Wu, who made his name as a member of Taiwanese boy band F4 (now known as JVKV), spoke to The New Paper yesterday in the presidential suite at the Royal Plaza On Scotts hotel.
The singer-actor is in town to perform at the Ion (Orchard) Fashion Concert at 7pm this evening to mark the mall's first anniversary.

Having always been tight-lipped about his relationships, Wu was no different this time.But if he was nursing a broken heart, it certainly didn't show. He looked relaxed and upbeat as he spoke of his recent break-up. 'Why we broke up is personal and out of respect for her (Ms Cheo), I don't want to go into details. 'In the beginning, I wanted to be honest as love is not something that you have to lie about.'
Early this year in a media statement released by his manager, Wu admitted that he had been seeing Ms Cheo again for a month, according to Chinese news portal Sina.com. Of the relationship, he said: 'I didn't think it was going to be that hard but it was. She was portrayed as a bad person (in media reports), which isn't true. For example, the Taiwanese media had speculated that they split up because he liked the quiet life but she was a party animal. When asked about this, Wu said that that was 'precisely' what he was referring to.I shall care for her He said that it is he who 'loves to party'.

Earlier this year, the Hong Kong media said Ms Cheo had been photographed at a Taipei club with another man, whom she had reportedly introduced as her boyfriend. She was then already dating Wu.

So was media scrutiny the reason for their break-up?

Wu declined to give further details and would only say that he still cares a lot for her.
In my heart and eyes, she's a wonderful person and I care about her greatly. I want to see nothing but the best happen to her in life,' he said.

A self-confessed perfectionist who even frets over lighting problems at his concerts, Wu said that in love, he didn't have such expectations at all.

He said, with a laugh: 'I feel I'm the best boyfriend in the world. I bet there are a lot of people who would disagree. 'When I'm in a relationship, I turn into a fan. I completely adore and love my other half to death.'

Fan of his girlfriend

Wu added that like his fans who made him things, he would also make cards for his girlfriend. For Christmas, he even made a gingerbread house for her out of Graham crackers and frosting.
This, he said, he had learnt how to make in elementary school when he was studying in the US. Said Wu: 'Flowers are cool, but a lot of girls say that they don't like flowers as they wither. I'd just buy one randomly from time to time.

'I think I'm a good listener, too. I'll let my girl get everything out and if I can help her, I'll give her my two cents' worth.'

So what does Wu look for in a life partner now?

He claimed that his perspective on relationships hasn't changed even after the break-up.

Wu used to date Taiwanese actress Vivian Hsu, but they broke up in 2005 after a two-year relationship.

'I want a woman of God. I need that in my life,' he said.

so efficient... thanks for the news!!

thanks for sharing!!

thanks for sharing .van is so thoughtful .I just want to pray GOD .Let him meet the right person .Who love him and support him .That's enough .God bless

Thanks for sharing~
米修米修~

Dont worry.. god definitely will bless him and find his mrs right soon...

謝謝分享~

thanks for sharing
Definitely, 【you are the best boyfriend in the world】~~that's amazing
God bless U find your true love in your life soon

我都看不懂哦

'When I'm in a relationship, I turn into a fan. I completely adore and love my other half to death.' --Me too,but now i do not think it is right.

'I think I'm a good listener, too. I'll let my girl get everything out and if I can help her, I'll give her my two cents' worth.' --woooooow,what a great man,

17 12
發新話題