發新話題
打印

F4 Interview @ Azio Entertainment(English Translation)Part 1 & 2

F4 Interview @ Azio Entertainment(English Translation)Part 1 & 2

Translation  Part 1

Source: http://www.tsinoy. com/forum/ showpost. php?p=798786&postcount=44160

Thanks to vrg_yan for the translation
and Meiyi of JNB

Good PM, JY Republic. Here is the translation of the Part 1 of Patty Hou's interview. I translated it according to how I understood it, so if anybody finds any mistake, feel free to correct it.

Patty : How do you feel about the sudden focus of attention showered on you that time? Of course, you¡¦re happy on one side, but I believe it also brought about a lot of pressure, doesn¡¦t it, Jerry?

Jerry : I felt that we were not ready for a lot of things. That time when we were performing, we had a great time, just like playing and having fun.

Vanness : Actually, that time, right we were very happy, that time when we were shooting, right¡K

Jerry : I remember when we were shooting Meteor Garden, the three of them are having fun while I stay on the side by myself and feeling lonely . right¡K

Ken : Still blame us, it is you who didn¡¦t want to join us.

Patty : Why? Jerry, why would you rather stay on the side by yourself?

Jerry : No, it¡¦s just that I am the type who is very slow to warm up.

Vic : Because he is, what you call this¡K space metal, titanium (not so sure of this), not afraid of the heat.

Ken : You go out!!!

Vic : I just arrived, you want me to go!!! Very strange!!! Patty : I really think its very funny, Im sorry!!!

Jerry : Yes, Its funny.

Patty : Really very funny. But your relationship since you start filming has always been good. Although each of you had grown individually and are very busy with your respective works, but you still get in touch with each other, right?

Ken : We usually don¡¦t talk about each others private affairs.

Patty : Really?

Ken : Right. Especially about each others relationship, we never talked about that, never asked them about it. This I think is our secret agreement. So if for example I will be asked today about their lovelife, if in case I really know, then it would be strange not to say anything about it, but on the other hand, it is also not right for me to talk about it. So we have this secret agreement not to ask each other about respective lovelife.

Vanness : So, we really don¡¦t know. Right.

Patty : So what do you usually talk about?

Vic: Usually when we dial the phone and get connected, we just hang up the phone then everybody watch TV. We just hold on to the phone while watching TV.

Patty : Seriously¡K

Vic : We really do get in touch with each other but it does not necessarily mean that when one encounters problem, we have to look for a certain person. For example, if I have a problem today, I may call on Jerry, after him, I can look for Ken and look for Vanness afterwards. We do things this way. I can call each one of them to know whoever has the time and can pay attention to me.

Patty : Actually, among friends, it is very important to know that they are there to support you and are always beside you, right? It is not important who can provide the solution to the problem.

Jerry : One thing I remember very well is when you called me up in the middle of the night and we talked for about 2 ¡V 3 hours. That time we talked about many things, really talked about many things. We also talk about lovelife. After we hang up I feel very disturbed/confused (can¡¦t think of exact word to translate), why did we talk about so many things?

Patty : Right¡K

Vic : We shared too many personal matters.

Ken : You think too much, he is only suffering from insomnia.

Patty : Just can¡¦t sleep...

Jerry : It must only be insomnia...

Patty : It is just because he can¡¦t sleep¡K

Jerry : Right. But I still feel that at least we do still care for each other and think of each other.

Patty : To tell you the truth, I feel that the four of you together has this formidable power. Because you are tall, handsome, as if each of you came out from man hua(Japanese manga).I started to have this picture of Japanese Manga male models since you appeared. I feel that goodlooking person often attracts people with their good looks, people tend to overlook the fact that besides his good looks, he can really act, or his performance is very outstanding, or he dances seriously or he likes music, I feel that everything will be upstaged by the looks.

Vanness : But we, really, when we look at ourselves, we know our weak points, so our focus is not on the good side but on how to deal with our weaknesses.

Patty : Do you because of this ever think of disguising as ugly?

Vic : Disguise as ugly? I always disguise ugly, actually my personality like this kind of look. If you want me to always act as Hua Ze Lei or similar character..

Patty : Prince?

Vic : At this time, I can¡¦t take it anymore.But I really believe that the definition of handsome when it comes to us is really influenced by self-confidence. Because I believe that no matter how handsome you are, if you have no confidence in yourself, the aura you will exude won¡¦t be acceptable to people. I feel that the present me has no self-confidence. Just joking¡K

Patty : But I believe that this so called self-confidence, no matter how famous you may be, there are something about yourself that you don¡¦t feel confident about, don¡¦t you think so? Ther are times that you still feel some emptiness.

Vic : To understand your own weakness is a very good thing. Because if you don¡¦t realize your weak point, then you will not be able to improve yourself. Like me, I¡¦m very aware of my weak point, so if I can do everything to improve on it.

Patty : From this brief interview, among the four, I can see that ZZ is the one who has improved a lot. Don¡¦t you think? Compared to before, the way he talks and expresses himself¡K

Vic : (I don¡¦t know the exact translation for this)

Patty : I think that ZZ is able to express what on his mind and let the person he is talking to understand what he wants to convey.

Vic : Because I did many TV drama so I have to attend many TV programs for promotions.

Patty : Oh, yes

Vic : So I¡¦m used to appearing on TV programs, but the rest, like Jerry, Vanness and ken seldom appears on TV programs so they must feel a little shy. The might feel a little ill at ease.

Jerry : No, I don¡¦t think it¡¦s shyness. It¡¦s just that because we seldom appear on TV programs, and really I don¡¦t know how to go about it, because with the three of them, I feel immense pressure. Like, ZZ, he is very cute, he talks very funny. Unlike me, I am not one who can easily deliver jokes. So whenever I talk, I tend to be serious. I¡¦m worried that while everybody is obviously in a happy mood and I talk seriously, I might bring some solemnity in the air. So I become like, sometimes when I want to say something, I keep thinking on how to say it better or, ¡K I¡¦m like that.

Patty : Actually, I¡¦m sorting out information about you and I learned that you had set many records, including for example when you went to Japan, you guested in SMAP¡¦s show. In fact, not just anybody can be a guest in that show. You have to be an international big star to be invited there. If you look at it, HK and Taiwan have many stars but only a few are given opportunity to join their show. You also like SMAP, don¡¦t you?

Vanness : They are really funny.

Jerry : I think they are very professional. I must say that although they also have the burden of being idols, but I really believe that they can do anything. Like for example, Takuya Kimura, many people beside us like him, right? Everybody want to see him, but you will realize that in private¡K once the filming begins, he exudes a different kind of aura. I really admire this kind of attitude, very professional attitude.

Patty : How is he in private? Is he quiet?

Jerry : He also does not talk much, a very serious person.

Patty : But then when the camera starts rolling, He opens up¡K

Jerry : Right.

Patty : And becomes this person who talks a lot.

Jerry : Right, like when they put like a black mole on his cheek

Patty : Funny, isn¡¦t it?

Jerry : Right.

Patty o you want to try these kind of things? Different from the usual image?

Ken : Yes¡K

Patty : Ken surely can¡K

Ken : I had already tried that when I filmed ¡§Chu Liu Xiang¡¨, I was made ugly, I had black teeth and they put a mole on my face.

Patty : Ken is naughty, right? I remember, you told me in an interview before.

Ken : Did I?

Vanness : He will stealthily tie other person¡¦s shoelaces.

Patty : And that person will fall?

Ken : right. Then he will do the Michael Jackson dance.

Vanness : I already did that dance for you before.

Ken : So, if you say mischievous, everybody is almost the same.

Patty : Jerry is the least mischievous?

Jerry :I am quieter. So if you really have to compare, if you base on age, I am the big brother, but on the inside I feel I am the youngest.

Translation of Part 2

Jerry : I really feel that they bear with me a lot. Including ZZ, he is really concerned about me. There are times when I don¡¦t feel like talking or whatever, he will¡K then also Vanness, we had a fight before over some thing, I even swear at him, but he is very forgiving and I am moved. Ken is like a big brother, you know he has very good culinary skill, then¡K So in all this sometimes I feel like a child. But I¡¦m working hard to make better.

Patty : But I feel, because I have been with you in private for a short period of time, I feel that, like Jerry is a warm person. Many people do not know this because you seldom appear on TV shows or because of articles they read before in newspapers and magazines, but these cannot really reflect your personality. Because when I was with you, I feel that Jerry is the kind that¡K He understands the feeling of the people around him. Then he thinks too much, so people would think¡K like when you are portraying a role or will just do anything, you will think of so many things so people tend to think that you are bothersome or troublesome, because he demands for many things and that includes his demand on himself. So I feel that each one of you has that part which everybody doesn¡¦t know of. Do you really have a very good relationship?

Ken : The most important thing is that we don¡¦t have an adverse relationship. Like many people think that we are competing with each other, but we really do not.

Vanness : The four of us are entirely different from each other.

Ken : We are very clear on each ones role. So I think that we not having an adverse relationship is our most excellent power. Because I feel that there are many other groups who came later, they have these ill humor among themselves. So you can see that this is why even if they say every year that we will disband, still, every year we gather together.

Patty : So if we will look back, actually being idols has their happiness but also being idol, if we look back¡K

(Vic really turn his head and look back and everybody laughed)

Patty : Vic!!!

Vic : No, I just thought that all of you are serious, so I thought¡K

Patty : Oh, sorry!!

Vic : Dish out a little..

Patty : Yes, great, great¡KDo you want to sit here?

Vic : Later..

Patty : Being an idol of course there are happy moments but there must also be some pain/suffering that goes with it. Just like having a burden, what do you say, ZZ?

Vic : Before I felt, specially during the first two or three years, my workload is very heavy. Not only that but it is different kind of works. Works of different nature. In the short short span of 1 ¡V 2 years, we performed in a drama, the drama became very popular, everybody said, release an album¡K

Patty : Right¡K

Vic : So we released an album, Photobook, do concerts¡K

Patty : Right.

Vic : Go around, many things were like, working nonstop. That time, because I am being pushed by other people so I really don¡¦t have a mind of my own and also didn¡¦t think much of those aspects where I may not be good at. But now, looking back at all those years¡¦ performance, speaking for myself, I was really not prepared. I think that now, when it comes to work, I really have to be prepared and assured that I can do it so that there will be no regrets. Talking about treasuring all these things just like my new film (I think he said the title but I didn¡¦t get it), it also talks about treasuring each and every person around us.

Ken : Awesome¡K

Patty : Yes, like squeezing in that little bit of promotion..

Vic : You can edit it anyway

Patty : Right¡K(laughed)

Jerry : That film is very nice.

Patty : You watched it already?

Jerry : No, I saw it in the newspapers.

Patty : Really good brother, help you talk about it.

Jerry : You were unclothed and you have Y on your chest

Vic : Yes

Jerry : I saw that

Vic : That was sponsored by a brand

Jerry : I was wondering if it is in cooperation with YKK, pull the zipper up like this

Vic : What, YKK!!!

Patty : That is good, that is good!!! (laughing) A while ago, ZZ was saying that before, there are many things, like I feel it took many artists years of hard work before they reached that level of attention you got that time, but you had it all of a sudden and were forced to, not necessarily forced, but you have to do many many things. Ken, did you feel a lot of pressure during those times?

Ken : Actually because of too much pressure that¡¦s why I became like this. Also, I feel like Jerry and I have similarities on a certain level.

Patty : Both of you are Capricorn

Ken : But we are extreme because what he minds or cares about to an extreme point are things that I¡¦m totally unconcerned about..

Jerry : No, the issue is, we go all the way back to Malaxiansi. Do you remember? Malaxiansi is where I was very carefree but he was worried

Ken : Because when I first started, I have a positive outlook, then you are required to do good in so many things. Later, I feel unhappy everytime. So because of too much demand...

Patty : Right

Ken : Then later I thought to just let things go naturally and don¡¦t think too much. So slowly, to the outside world, I became a compliant person. This actually is not formed deliberately but it has a lot to do with the pressure.

Patty : But was there a turning point? What made you decide, like, I don¡¦t want to be like this anymore, too worrisome.

Ken : I think among the four of us, I was the first one to feel uncomfortable. Actually there were times when we were doing the world tour that in the middle of the night that I would suddenly sit up and cry . Like I was really bawling and screaming. My emotion was out of control to some extent. They (F3) didn¡¦t know anything about this. I really didn¡¦t know what I was doing. Then I feel like my whole person is really numb. Because for me, being on the stage is a very intense feeling, then once you get down from the stage, you are all alone in the room and it is not even my own home. I feel like for two years my home and the hotel are the same. Then, after that, I just feel that I don¡¦t have to think too much, do the things I want to do.

Patty : I feel that that was not easy. In showbusiness, specially that time you were really very very popular and you have to do so many things.

Ken : The difference is, I think Vanness from the very start knows what we are doing. Maybe because since his younger days he had been hanging out with Jeff and Co. So from the very start he is very clear on where he is going. Then he (referring to Jerry) knows up to what level he wants to be engaged in this business. Then ZZ knows nothing. Like you give him candy and he'll eat it. Me on the other hand, was ignorant of so many things. There are things you want to do but you are powerless. Then if you don¡¦t do it, you feel like you are being pushed from the back.

Patty : Right. Now, have you adapted, are you satisfied with the situation now?

Ken : I am very happy now. At least, I feel like there¡¦s nothing to complain about. Of course it will always be said that when it comes to career, mine is not as bright as theirs, but really these past few years if I don¡¦t like the project then I won¡¦t do it. So it is always being said that my voice is the most insignificant, but the flip side of it is I¡¦m happier now. That is, I have the choice not to do the things I don¡¦t want to do.

Patty : I believe that that is hard to come by. But, now, what do you want to do? In the show business side?

Ken : I will still engage in filming and recording.

Patty : Because I remember you really love doing music, don¡¦t you?

Ken : As a matter of fact, at present I am doing my own music already. Many things are slowly getting under my control. That is I think of ways to do things right.

Patty : Like to be able to do things that you want to do. Ken said a while ago that from being positive he became indifferent. On the contrary, Jerry was carefree when he was in Malaxiansi then later you become¡K

Jerry : But really I feel that you have to put this on a different level, actually caring or not, I have this thought, actually, I want to butt in a while ago, that is, I was very mad at him (Ken), I¡¦m mad because like what he just said, because we knew each other in Malaxiansi, I figured that I understand him. We have gone through many things, I understand him, and I¡¦m really concerned about him but there are many times, like maybe he was sad or what, but he keeps telling people ¡§I¡¦m ok¡¨, ¡§I¡¦m good¡¨ But I know that he¡¦s not fine or his spirit is low, so if you are willing to talk, if you are willing, you know to talk a bit more, I really care about him but I can¡¦t get through so I¡¦m really mad at him. I feel like what are you being so £|£¸£¶ about? Like when Vanness and I chat, I¡¦ll ask him how¡¦s Ken is doing. He¡¦ll say he¡¦s very good, but both of us have this same feeling that he is not happy. He is not the type, because he is used to taking care of people so he is the type who doesn¡¦t want people to see¡K

Patty : right

Jerry : That way

Patty : That he has weakness

Jerry : But for us, I really think that, we can really feel for each other because after all, people don¡¦t know our journey to the top, then things around us seem unreal. Like there are many people who would say nice things to us but those things are not what we want to hear but we can¡¦t change things. So we have to rely on each other to say sincere words, or talk about, you know, like what I said, so what if we get into an argument, at least thru that we will know what each one is thinking about. Or if we want to help the other person.

End of part 2

wow....great!!!! thank you so much!

發新話題