發新話題
打印

VanNess the King in ratings

VanNess the King in ratings

Source : Appledaily TW, UDN, Nownews
Written by : PA @ CpopAccess.com

It was a big night for the hit drama Autumn's Concerto this past Sunday as average ratings hit 7.76%, even surpassing the 7.35% achieved by My Queen starring Cheryl Yang and Ethan Ruan. Famous producer Chai Zhi-Ping (柴智屏), who cast the then unknown Van Ness Wu in Meteor Garden, previously criticized Autumn's Concerto for resembling the famous prime-time soap Blue Spider Web. Van Ness Wu came out on top in the ratings battle against her show Hi! My Sweetheart, and also leads the way among dramas starring F4 members. Interval ratings for Autumn's Concerto peaked at 8.86%, compared to 4.8% for Vic Chou’s Black & White, 4.2% for Jerry Yan’s Hot Shot and 3.38% for Ken Chu’s Momo Love.

After episode 13 of Autumn Concerto aired 2 weeks ago, many questions were raised when Ady An's character was told that her son cannot have a transfusion from those related by blood. Despite controversies surrounding the medical reference, viewers were already hooked and came back to watch the next episode last Sunday. Episode 14 reached its climax when Van Ness Wu’s character regained his memory and found out what others have been trying to hide from him. Viewers were impressed by his acting, as he showcased different depths of emotions upon realizing his past and his confrontation with Ady An.

Van Ness Wu is currently taking a break in the US and was thrilled to hear about the ratings. He was hesitant to accept the role at first as the drama requires acting with a lot of emotions. He took on the challenge anyway but viewers criticized his acting style for being “too soft” prior to the character's memory lost. Van Ness Wu was complimented for his performance on Sunday’s episode. Viewers commented that his sudden persona reversal was cool and exciting, while others worried that it might be a disaster in the making. All eyes are on Autumn's Concerto to see if it will break the previous ratings record of 13.83% in ratings set by Ethan Ruan’s “Fated to Love You”.

credit =sx.k=/asianfanatics
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/t ... 0&#entry6507973

Vanness Wu’s drama ratings are top amongst his F4 peers

06 January 2010,Taiwan

Source : MediaCorp TV

Vanness Wu has trumped the rest of his F4 peers… in the TV drama ratings. The F4 group, made of Jerry Yan, Vic Zhou, Ken Zhu and Vanness, first rose to fame in 2001 when all four singer-actors starred together in the Taiwanese idol drama Meteor Garden.

The ratings of Vanness’s current drama Next Stop Happiness recently escalated to a new high average of 7.76, with portions of its latest episode raking in as much as 8.86 (that’s approximately 3.2 million viewers turning in).

In last Sunday’s episode, Vanness Wu’s character regained his lost memory only to suffer an emotional meltdown as he uncovered the lies and betrayal by his own mother and girlfriend.

As the drama reachs its gripping climax, Vanness has not only won the ratings battle against Vic Zhou’s Black & White (4.8), Jerry Yan’s Hot Shot (4.2) and Ken Zhu’s Momo Love (3.38), but also received praises from the online community for his improved acting.

The 31-year-old, who is currently vacationing in America said, “I’m super happy and very touched!”

On his breakdown scene in the latest episode, he confessed to having a few NGs (No Good takes). The actor was initially hesitant about taking on the role due to its character’s many emotional struggles and conflictions. He was afraid that he could not cope but eventually decided to challenge himself with this role.

“When filming first began, I couldn’t really feel for [my character]. I end up not being able let go when I think about how the entire world betrayed me. I got angrier and angrier just thinking about it and could not stop crying. The director finally comforted me and said “Ok, you can come out now” before I returned to my senses.”

Next Stop Happiness still has half a battle to win if it wants to be crowned as a chart-topping series. The all-time record high of 13.83 was established by Fated To Love You starring Ethan Ruan and Joe Chen.

credit =sx.k=/asianfanatics
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/t ... 0&#entry6507973

[ 本帖最後由 bond8778 於 2010-1-6 16:29 編輯 ]

發新話題